Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Going away... then coming back.

Alright everybody, it's true: I took a siesta to Africa!

Panorama of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
But also equally true is that I am back and can't wait to start posting again. While I had high hopes (some might say too high) of posting WHILE visiting my brother Alan in Nairobi, it didn't work out because everything else was so exciting (Terrible bus rides! Malawi! Baby elephants! Swahili!). But don't just take my word for it: Take Alan's word for it from his blog.

We were able to create a couple really delicious meals with our ultimate highlight being Gnocchi (store bought) with Cilantro Pesto (homemade!). But meals definitely took a back seat to having fun:
Randi having fun on the street
Alan having fun with a bus
Stay tuned for a post on what I am now calling Kenyan Cilantro Pesto! And remember to check out Alan's blog (linked above) for witty writing, mediocre to awesome pictures of me, him, and Eastern Africa and general insight into Kenya today.

No comments: