Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tempeh Tacos


I found a new kind of tempeh that I have never seen before: Spicy Vegetable! It inspired me to make some, kinda spicey, but no less awesome Tempeh Tacos for dinner tonight.



Sauteed green bell pepper, onion and strips of tempeh. At the very end I threw in some kale so it could get softer. Uncooked kale can be a little hard to handle for me sometimes.

There were also black beans seasoned with garlic, ground pepper and red chili flakes.

All wrapped up in a corn tortilla and topped with jelepeños, Tapatío hot sauce, and fresh lime!

I'm actually still sniffling and wiping my runny nose. They were good and next time I'll not add the chili flakes... or so much hot sauce...

3 comments:

Bree said...

ooh, these do look so good! sorry i made you eat raw kale..

alan.orth said...

Kale == sukuma wiki (which, in Swahili, literally means 'push week' because it's cheap and healthy!). Had a huge helping of sukuma wiki at lunch today...

ryan kost said...

randi has a blog! and now ryan has a craving for tempeh tacos. i'll blog roll you if you blog roll me.