Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Peanut Sauce goes with everything, right?

Well, I sure think so. I even licked this right off of my spoon after mixing it altogether.

The List:
1/2 C crunchy peanut butter
1/2 C coconut milk
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 Tbsp Tamari soy sauce
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
juice of 1/2 good sized lime (probably optional)
1 Tbsp Thai Siracha Chili sauce added slowly to taste
1/2 water

In a small sauce pan I sauteed the ginger and garlic in a tiny drop of oil on medium for a couple of minutes to cut their spiciness. Then I added everything else and mixed. Easy! With the chili sauce, I added it little by little so that I didn't overshoot my spice level. I feel like with peppers, one minute you can't taste anything and the next your sinuses are completely cleared and running uncontrollably.

Next time I won't let the sauce heat for so long. I dilly-dallied while adding the chili sauce and the peanut butter started separating. I don't mind stiring it (or heating it) before eating, though, because it still tastes wonderful.

I also dipped Rye crackers into this sauce. And it was, predictably, very good with rice noddles, baked tofu and fresh cilantro.

No comments: